“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” When Benjamin Franklin said that he meant fire safety. But like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more aspects of modern life. At Vaca and Kirby in Longview TX, we apply it to dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some essential guidelines are highlighted here.
- Brush Your Teeth: Do it twice a day without fail, for two minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Don’t Forget The Floss: Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
- Wear A Mouthguard: When joining in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged, make sure to wear proper protective equipment.
- Don’t Smoke: As if you needed yet another reason not to!
- Avoid Sugary Snacks: Food that is loaded with sugars and starches can create acids in your mouth, which, in turn, cause cavities.
- Schedule Regular Dental Visits: We recommend that most patients visit us every 6 months for a cleaning and assessment.
At Vaca and Kirby in Longview TX we want all our patients to enjoy healthy teeth and gums. People from Gladewater, Hallsville, and New Diana come to our office for general and restorative dentistry. Contact us today!
Contact Vaca & Kirby Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
3121 H G Mosley Pkwy