Metal-Free Restorations – Longview, TX
Protecting Your Smile Without the Metal
Do you want the spotlight to shine on your dental work? It’s highly unlikely, which is why Vaca & Kirby Dental offers a more subtle, natural solution – metal-free restorations in Longview. When teeth in the front of your mouth need help, the last thing you want is a silver or gold tooth shining at the forefront of your smile. Instead, we opt for a more well-hidden approach with all-ceramic metal-free restorations. Not only do you have the strength and durability, but you also have an improved aesthetic for your smile. To find out how you can be fitted with one, contact us today!
What Are Metal-Free Restorations?
Metal-free restorations are custom-made prosthetics that are used to protect and strengthen weakened teeth. If you have a tooth that is cracked, chipped, or broken, an all-ceramic dental crown can be used to protect it from further damage or decay, all while allowing it to strengthen over time.
This type of restoration can be used for a variety of treatments, including:
- Dental crowns
- Inlays or onlays
- Tooth-colored composite fillings
- Fixed bridges
What Are the Benefits of Metal-Free Restorations?
Metal-free restorations offer so many great benefits, including:
- Natural look and feel – Not only will you enjoy a restoration that isn’t bulky or annoying, but you’ll also enjoy the improved aesthetic for your smile, as you will never be able to tell the difference between your real and artificial tooth.
- Greater availability – Patients who have allergies or sensitivities to metal can now benefit from metal-free restorations.
- Longevity – While metal is strong and can last, metal-free restorations can last a long time with proper care and maintenance. You also won’t need to worry about any metal rusting or coming off onto your teeth and staining them.
- Improved confidence – When you’re happy with your smile, you exude confidence, so whether you’re getting ready for a job interview or meeting up with a group of friends you haven’t seen in a while, watch your confidence grow with a restoration that is fully blended into your smile.
What is the Metal-Free Dental Restoration Process?
If you are preparing for a metal-free dental crown, you will first start with an initial consultation with one of our highly skilled dentists. Once they’ve thoroughly examined your tooth in question, they will begin to carefully remove any decayed or damaged area of the tooth. Next, they will clean and sanitize the inner portion of your tooth before filling it and sealing it off from further reinfection. The last step will be to capture an impression of your tooth and place a temporary crown over it. This will keep your tooth protected while your permanent crown is being created.