Porcelain Veneers in Longview
Restore Your Beautiful Smile
Do you love your smile? It says a lot about you -- so if the answer is no, it may be time to consider doing something about it. Of all the methods available, porcelain veneers in Longview are among the most popular and successful. This is a cosmetic dental treatment that can enhance the appearance of healthy but cosmetically flawed front teeth. Keep reading to learn how porcelain veneers and what you can expect from this procedure.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are extremely thin shells of porcelain that can be bonded to the front of the teeth that show when you smile to completely revitalize the appearance of your grin.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers offer a number of benefits for patients who are eager to transform the appearance of their smiles. Some of the advantages of this treatment include:
- The veneers are designed to match the shape, color, and shade that will suit you perfectly.
- After their placement, your new veneers will look and feel like your natural teeth.
- Dental porcelain used for veneers is highly resistant to staining. You can consider this treatment something like permanent teeth whitening.
- Your self-confidence may increase with the help of a new, improved smile.
What Can Porcelain Veneers Be Used for?
Dental veneers can be used to correct a number of cosmetic dental imperfections affecting otherwise healthy teeth, and many adults are eligible candidates for this treatment. Some of the problems that can be solved by veneers include:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Severe stains or discoloration that has not responded to teeth whitening
- Slight misalignment, like gaps between teeth or minor crowding of teeth
- Oddly textured teeth
- Misshapen or too short teeth
- And other cosmetic imperfections
To determine whether or not veneers are right for you, your teeth and gums will be examined during an initial consultation. If the answer is yes, we can get started right away!
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
With proper care and maintenance, veneers can last for up to 20 years. They will eventually need to be replaced due to natural changes in the oral anatomy. To protect the longevity of your veneers, make sure to brush and floss your teeth regularly and visit our office as recommended for a checkup and cleaning. If you play contact sports or grind your teeth at night, investing in a customized mouthguard will help to protect your beautiful smile.
Call Us Today!
Are you interested in learning more about how your smile can be transformed for the better with dental veneers or any other cosmetic treatment? We can’t wait to help you love your teeth! Go ahead and contact your cosmetic dentist in Longview to discuss your options in cosmetic dentistry.