We Can Quickly & Efficiently Treat All Your Dental Problems
Even if you take care of your teeth every day and get regular dental checkups, accidents can still happen, and in those situations, you need to get help fast. At Vaca & Kirby Dental, we’re here to help whenever our patients need us most, especially during dental emergencies. If you find yourself in the middle of an emergency situation, do not hesitate to call us.
This will give Dr. David Vaca, Dr. Chris Kirby, and our entire team the chance to make an appointment to see you as soon as possible (even the same day) and walk you through basic first aid over the phone. If you or a loved one experiences a sudden dental emergency, be sure to contact us first. It’s the best way to get the relief you need as quickly as possible.
Reach out to Vaca & Kirby Dental at 903-663-0861 to schedule your appointment for our emergency dental services in Longview, TX.
What “Counts” as a Dental Emergency?
Many patients hesitate to pick up the phone because they don’t think that their situation “counts” as an emergency. We encourage any of our patients to reach out to us when they’re in pain or have experienced dental damage. We can help you assess your situation and walk you through first aid and pain management over the phone.
You should call us immediately if you experience any of the following emergency situations:
- An avulsed (knocked out) tooth or dental restoration
- A chipped, cracked, or broken tooth
- Severe toothache or lingering dental sensitivity
- A large object caught between the teeth
- Injury to the gums
- Injury to the jaw
Why Is It so Important for Me to Call a Dentist during a Dental Emergency?
If you were experiencing a medical emergency, you would know to call for assistance or visit your local emergency room. Unfortunately, patients often put off care during a dental emergency or they visit an emergency room where they may get help for pain, but they will still need to visit a dentist to fully repair their smiles. That means added time spent in medical and dental offices as well as additional out-of-pocket costs. When you call a dentist right away, you’ll get the help you need immediately to start restoring your healthiest smile.
What Should I Do during a Dental Emergency?
Your first step should be calling our office. Next, stop any bleeding, and clean off any damaged areas with cool water. We will also walk you through specific first aid and pain management tips over the phone.
Some of the basics to remember include:
- Clean off any blood or debris with cool water, but don’t scrub or use oral hygiene products unless expressly directed to do so.
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers as directed, but do not apply them directly to damaged teeth.
- Use floss and brush around stuck debris, but don’t use sharp objects.
- Use ice packs to reduce swelling, slow blood flow, and relieve pain.
Can I Prevent Dental Emergencies?
Some dental emergencies can be avoided, but there are behaviors that increase your risk for dental damage or decay.
To limit your risk for a dental emergency, you should:
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes at a time, twice a day, using soft bristled toothbrushes and minimally abrasive toothpastes.
- Floss at least once each day.
- Visit our team twice a year for dental checkups and professional teeth cleanings.
- Avoid using your teeth as tools to open packages or crack nuts.
- Don’t chew on ice, nails, or other hard objects.
Call Vaca & Kirby Dental today at 903-663-0861 to learn more about our emergency dental services in Longview, TX, and how we can assist you.